The COVID Connect app of The Federal Medical Centre, Lagos
The demand for healthcare is increasing due to the outbreak of the coronavirus. Federal Medical Centre, Lagos is preparing for this by creating new resources for patients. Our new virtual monitoring app, COVID Connect, allows us to monitor your health in relation to key symptoms of the Coronavirus from the comfort and safety of your own home.
COVID Connect was developed for people in Lagos, Nigeria that are possibly suffering from an infection caused by the coronavirus. Through this free app a medical team can support and give you advice remotely.
Please note: This app is an add-on to existing care and will not replace regular nor emergency care. In case you require immediate medical care while using this app, kindly seek medical attention through your healthcare provider as your symptoms may be cause by another health condition that is not the coronavirus.
How does the COVID Connect app help me?
The app guides and reminds you to provide daily details on your health from your location. For example, how much you cough, whether you are short of breath and whether you have fever. We will send you a reminder every morning at 09:00. The COVID Connect Centre of FMC, Lagos will analyse these answers. If there is a medical reason to contact you, the COVID Connect Centre of FMC, Lagos will do so within 24 hours (by telephone or through a message in the app). If there is no medical need to contact you, you will receive a message from us within 48 hours. If you want us to give you a ring, please indicate that in the app and we will respond within 24 hours.
Who can sign up to the COVID Connect app?
- The COVID Connect app is available for residents of Lagos, Nigeria. We are working to make the service available more broadly as soon as possible.
- To use this app, you will need access to an internet connection and a smartphone or tablet with Android version 7 or higher or Apple version ios12 or higher.
- You must be 18 years or older to use this app.
How Do I signup?
- Register for free using the form below.
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, you will receive instructions by e-mail to install the Luscii app on your smartphone or tablet.
- In the app, you will answer questions daily on your health and well-being. We will send you a reminder every morning at 09:00.
- The COVID Connect Centre of FMC, Lagos will analyse these answers
- If there is a medical reason for contacting you, the The COVID Connect Centre of FMC, Lagos will do so within 24 hours (by telephone or through a message in the app).
The medical team at the Federal Medical Centre, Lagos can remotely monitor the health of a large group of people using the coronavirus programme. We expect this to enable us to better respond to the medical needs of patients. With your help, we are better prepared for possible consequences of the coronavirus outbreak.
The COVID Connect Centre of FMC, Lagos has been developed in a very short timeframe by Luscii, a Dutch Company based in Amsterdam, in collaboration with a local hospital, OLVG, to address some of the coronavirus healthcare challenges we face in Nigeria. The programme will start as a basic version and will be further developed in the coming period. We reserve the right to stop your participation or reject new registrations, for example if our capacity requires us to do so.