the AKUHN COVID-19 Monitor App
The demand for healthcare is increasing due to the outbreak of the coronavirus. The AKUHN, supported by M-TIBA and PharmAccess Foundation, is preparing for this by creating new resources for Kenyan citizens. Our new virtual monitoring app, the AKUHN “COVID-19 Monitor App” allows us to monitor your health in relation to key symptoms of the corona virus from the comfort and safety of your own home.
The AKUHN COVID-19 Monitor App is made for people in Kenya that are possibly suffering from an infection caused by the coronavirus. Through this free app a medical team can support and give you advice remotely. Currently the app is only meant for people who live in Nairobi. However, we do plan to make the use of the app available for Kenyans who live outside of Nairobi in due course.
The app has been designed by the AKUHN, in partnership with M-TIBA, PharmAccess Foundation and Luscii, who have joined hands with the AKUHN in the fight against the coronavirus.
Please note: This app is an add-on to existing care and will not replace regular nor emergency care. In case you require immediate medical care even though you are using this app, look for medical help yourself immediately in the way you are used to. Also note that your complaints can be caused by something else than the coronavirus.
How does the AKUHN COVID-19 Monitor App help me?
The app guides and reminds you to provide daily details on your health from your location. For example, how much you cough, whether you are short of breath and whether you have fever. We will send you a reminder to do this every morning. Our medical response centre will analyse these answers. If there is a medical reason for contacting you, our medical response centre will do so within 24 hours.They will reach out to you either by calling you on your mobile telephone or through sending a message in the app. If there is no medical need to contact you, you will receive a message from us within 48 hours.
Who can sign up to the AKUHN COVID-19 Monitor App?
- The AKUHN COVID-19 Monitor App is available for all people in Nairobi. We are working to make the service available more broadly as soon as possible.
- To use this app, you will need access to an internet connection and a smartphone or tablet with Android version 7 or higher or Apple version ios12 or higher.
- You must be 18 years or older to use this app.
How Do I sign up?
- Register for free using the form below.
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, you will receive instructions by e-mail to install the Luscii app on your smartphone or tablet.-In the app, you will answer questions daily on your health and well-being. We will send you a reminder every morning.
- The AKUHN medical response centre will analyse these answers
- If there is a medical reason for contacting you, the medical response centre will do so within 24 hours (by telephone or through a message in the app)
The AKUHN medical team can remotely monitor the health of a large group of people using the COVID-19 Monitor App. We expect this to enable us to better respond to the medical needs of Kenyan citizens. With your help, we are better prepared for possible consequences of the coronavirus outbreak.
The AKUHN COVID-19 Monitor App has been developed in a very short timeframe to address some of the coronavirus healthcare challenges we face in Kenya. The programme will start as a basic version and will be further developed in the coming period. We reserve the right to stop your participation or reject new registrations, for example if our capacity requires us to do so.