The demand for healthcare is increasing due to the outbreak of the coronavirus. OLVG is preparing for this by implementing new resources in addition to our regular healthcare, including an app: OLVG corona check. Registration is at the end of this page.
The OLVG corona check is to be used by residents of the greater Amsterdam-region who have health problems that may be caused by the coronavirus. With this free app, a medical team can guide these people remotely. OLVG developed the corona check together with Luscii, a company based in Amsterdam.
Note: this app does not replace our regular healthcare or emergency care. Are you seriously ill or do you have an urgent question that cannot wait? Then take action yourself. Additionally, keep in mind that your complaints may be caused by something other than the coronavirus.
How does the corona check help you?
In the app you can easily provide daily details on your health. For example, how much you cough, whether you are short of breath, and what your temperature is. The OLVG corona check team will assess the information you give within the app. If there is a medical reason to contact you, we will do so within 24 hours (by phone or through a message in the app). If there is no medical need to contact you, you will receive a message from us within 48 hours. You can also indicate to us if you prefer to be called.
OLVG care providers can remotely monitor the health of a large group of people with the corona check. With this we expect to be able to respond better to the medical needs in our region. With your help, the OLVG can better prepare for the developments around the coronavirus.
Who is the check for?
- OLVG corona check is currently available to all residents of the greater Amsterdam-region with a postal code between 1000 – 1119.
- This area may be expanded later.
- You have access to an internet connection and a smartphone or tablet with Android version 7 or higher or Apple version iOS12 or higher.
- You have a thermometer.
- You are 18 years or older.
How does it work?
- You can register for free below.
- If you meet the criteria, you will receive instructions by email to install the Luscii app on your smartphone or tablet.
- In the app, you will answer questions daily on your health and well-being. We will send you a reminder every morning at 08:00.
- Your answers are analyzed by a medical team.
- If there is a medical reason for contacting you, OLVG care providers will do so within 24 hours (by telephone or through a message in the app).
- If there is no medical need to contact you, you will receive a message from us within 48 hours.n
OLVG corona check has been developed in a short time to respond as well as possible to the situation around the corona virus in the Netherlands. We start with a basic version. We will further develop OLVG corona check in the coming weeks. We reserve the right to stop your participation or reject new registrations, for example if our capacity so requires.