With better preparation before the admission and more monitoring of the condition after surgery it is possible to quickly spot a change in the condition and act upon it.
How does it work?:
Patients undergoing a colon resection may develop complications from the wound after discharge from the hospital. When infections of the wound are detected early, they can be treated earlier and complications are limited. Patients are included to the Luscii app prior to the surgery to check on weight, condition and diet. From the day of discharge from the hospital, they will fill in daily questions about, among other things, the wound, pain and fever symptoms. When the situation worsens, a physician assistent contacts the patient.
What is the aim of the program?
- Well prepared for the OR thanks to prior checks on weight, condition (activity) and diet
- Education on the treatment and what the patient can expect before, during and after surgery
- Less and shorter readmissions after complications of the wound because of early detection
- Improves health outcomes since intervention can be done earlier by anticipating on wound infections
- Improves patient experience because patients feel safer upon discharge and have a better recovery experience
Hospitals using the program
Reviews from patients and professionals
You will think more about yourself, because you have to be responsible for your health.
Awareness among patients
Patients get quicker insight in their own health situation and it creates awareness.
Intervene at the right moment
Intercepting deviating values and be able to (quicker) anticipate.