It feels like my oncologist
is always nearby
"I feel very safe recovering at home while being guided"
Luscii provides the tools for patient and professional to keep an eye on the recovery while checking vital signs and symptoms to signal deteriorations and intervene timely in case of need.
What is the aim of the program?
- Fewer outpatient clinic visits
- Better lifestyle management
- Serve the growing number of patients with the same number of nurses
- Early discharge of patients made possible in a safe way
- Limiting influx of patients into the clinic
How does it work?
Due to the large number of COVID-19 patients and the strain they place on the healthcare system, hospitals are increasingly faced with limited admission capacity. Fortunately, the COVID-19 discharge program in Luscii allows for safe early discharge of patients. In addition, the program can help reduce the inflow of COVID-19 patients into the clinic by enabling pre-clinical use and facilitating direct discharge from the ER.
Patients in the program will be asked to regularly record their oxygen saturation, temperature, and symptoms such as shortness of breath and coughing. They will also answer questions about their general well-being. The Luscii app will use predefined thresholds to alert the patient's healthcare provider in the event of any deviation, allowing for timely intervention and preventing deterioration.
Overall, the COVID-19 discharge program in Luscii offers a reliable and effective solution to help manage the large volume of COVID-19 patients while ensuring the safety of both patients and healthcare providers.
- Grutters, L., Majoor, K. I., Mattern, E. S. K., Hardeman, J. A., Van Swol, C. F. P., & Vorselaars, A. D. (2020). Home telemonitoring makes early hospital discharge of COVID-19 patients possible. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, 27(11), 1825–1827.
- Van Den Berg, R., Meccanici, C., De Graaf, N., Van Thiel, E., & Schol-Gelok, S. (2022). Starting Home Telemonitoring and Oxygen Therapy Directly after Emergency Department Assessment Appears to Be Safe in COVID-19 Patients. Journal of Clinical Medicine, 11(23), 7236.
- Van Herwerden, M. C., Van Steenkiste, J., Moussaoui, R. E., Hollander, J. G. D., Helfrich, G., & Verberk, I. J. (2021). Thuisbehandeling van covid-19-patiënten met zuurstof en telemonitoring. NTvG.
- Van Maren, S., Den Harder, A., Van Apeldoorn, M., & Van Rijswijk, E. (2021, May 17). Thuisbehandeling covid-19 is zinnig en zuinig. Medischcontact.
Available on request
Hospitals using the Program
Reviews from patients and professionals
Sophie de Graaf
Very nice that you can go home earlier with this app and oxygen.
Patients feel safe
Reducing number of physical contact moments without losing the feeling of safety for our patients.
Tim de Graaf
More insight in their disease burden for patients. Early signalling of increase in symptoms and to be able to give advice at the right moment.
Its childs play! The app is very customer-friendly and it is also very reassuring to know that you are being monitored remotely. Fine!